Thursday, January 20, 2011

clips from the Royal Society of Art's "Animate" series...

OPIRG's presentation of the RSA's Animate series was a brilliant time-- not only were the clips intriguing, but those present at the event were able to have some brief discussions (and, at times, debates) on the arguments being illustrated in each segment. As soon as I got home Tuesday night, I ran to the computer to check out the parts of the series we unfortunately did not have time to watch. I've posted a few of my favorites (the first two of which were featured at the OPIRG event).

I honestly couldn't even guess how often I've had discussions about the evermore failing education system currently dominating the West. The following RSA clip puts my view into better words than I could ever hope to do on my own:


'The Empathic Civilisation' was quite interesting-- and happened to be the clip to get the largest reaction out of the viewers at OPIRG Tuesday:


Lastly, 'The Secret Powers of Time' was not shown at the meeting, but struck me just as the other clips did:



I hope you enjoyed watching these as much as I did! :) It's so great for visual learners. If you want to learn more about the series, you can visit the RSA blogpage!

No comments:

Post a Comment